Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Salon and Fleas

I just want to make some stuff clear to customers in the nicest way possible. 

I operate a dog grooming salon from my home, I have 3 dogs and 5 cats of my own so I try my hardest to keep fleas at bay for my protection and yours. I have between 2 and 6 dogs come in 7 days a week to be groomed and about 60% of them will have bad flea infestations. All my pet bedding and towels are washed every day, no dogs interact with each other who are from different families, and salon dogs are kept completely separate from my house, backyard etc and I set off a flea bomb once a week. Even after all this fleas are resilient and are still around. It is the owners responsibility to make sure flea treatments are up to date. If I notice fleas even just one or two on a dog they are always given a flea bath just as precaution. I like to have a high standard and value to my work and believe me, sending a dog home with fleas is both demeaning and embarrassing on my behalf and not something that I like to do, but unfortunately, the unexpected happens, even to the most experienced groomers in big fancy shops. 

If you notice fleas on your dog within 2 days of being groomed then please notify me. I will try to rectify and offer a free flea bath. But please make sure your dog didn't catch them from somewhere else and is up to date with flea treatments, even if you are a day past your dogs treatment day you are classed as "out of date" and you will get fleas so I will not be held responsible in this case or if it has been more then 2 days since your grooming appointment. 

A big apology to those dogs who may have gone home with fleas, it is honestly something I try my hardest to avoid and I really don't want to lose customers over something as simple as a flea!! 


2 comments: